Sunday, February 10, 2013

Day #5 - Sam and his surprises


The first couple nights after we got home from the hospital were pretty rough, sure.  But they still had their fun moments and K and I feel like we've started to get a better grasp on this.  The most important thing seems to be having a positive attitude and we're doing our absolute best to keep that in mind.  That brings me to our adventure this morning...

Sam started crying and we knew he had eaten not too long ago.  So it was only natural we checked his diaper next and K found a fairly wet one.  We went about changing him and getting the Vaseline on per doctors orders, when Sam decided to change things up a bit.  Next thing we knew we had a nearly two foot geyser that was putting some of the artwork in the room in danger.  Kristin was so shocked, she stepped back and started laughing.  I did my best to block the picture, but he was pretty much done by the time I really moved.  Sam wasn't done yet, though.  As soon as the pee started to slow down, he began pooping onto his shirt and blanket since we hadn't gotten the clean diaper in place yet.  Whew.  K and I finally stopped laughing long enough to get him clean and all the dirty stuff to the laundry room shortly after.  I think this was Sam's way of initiating us into parenthood.  This little guy is gonna make life interesting...




No comments:

Post a Comment