Monday, July 16, 2012

First Date

As Kristin always puts it, we were both very aware of the other, even though we didn't really run in the same circles.  I played ultimate frisbee with her brother, Brian, which is how we initially met. 

Fast forward a few years and we get to January 23rd, 2010.  Kristin and I had been talking for months and kept mentioning getting together sometime to hang out, but something always popped up.  She'll tell you she did the asking, and she's technically right, but what she tends to leave out is that I took the day off from work when she told me Saturday afternoon would be good for her too!

We met at Starbucks in Cary Crossroads since she was going to be at Kara Snoke's baby shower earlier that afternoon anyways.  I was incredibly nervous when I walked in, but K promises she didn't notice.  When we got to the register, I offered to pay like the gentleman I am, but then promptly lost control of the card I was getting out of my wallet and threw it in the air.  I tried to grab it several times, only managing to knock it into the air again each time.  When it finally hit the floor, I quickly picked it up and paid, and we made our way to a couple of seats.  I don't think I looked up for a good 45 minutes at least. 

Nevertheless, we talked for close to 4 hours and I could have stayed all night.  In fact, Kristin asked if I was hungry, and I took what I thought was the bait and said "Yeah, actually I am. We could go over to Noodles & Company and grab something to eat, if you want?"  When she responded, "No, I'm not really hungry," you can imagine I was caught off guard.  But a quick "Yeah, me either" from me saved the day, and we talked for another hour anyways.  All in all, it was a great time and a great memory!

No, we did not take pictures during our first date.  Pretty similar though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment